Why Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Is A Win For Your Company
If you’ve been around small to midsize businesses for any amount of time over the last decade, you’ve no doubt seen or experienced the frustrations of navigating health insurance.
And as a small business owner, that frustration and confusion is multiplied tenfold. Beyond simply providing health insurance, you have to provide health insurance that is high-quality enough to attract and retain the very best employees, something you’re often fighting against the “big guys” to do. And those players often come armed with health insurance options that small businesses like yours don’t have access to or can’t afford to offer on your own.As a small business owner, you have to provide health insurance that is high-quality enough to attract and retain the very best employees, something you’re often fighting against the “big guys” to do. Click To Tweet
That’s where we come in. In 2015 we entered into a strategic partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts. This powerful combination of the leading and most-recognized not-for-profit health plan and the oldest and most respected Massachusetts-based PEO provides an unrivaled solution for small to midsize businesses.
Since then, many companies across Massachusetts have found our combined offering to be a compelling option—one that helps them control costs and cope with health care reform while maintaining the highest quality, most responsive benefits and HR services available.
1. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts is one of the largest, most respected health care providers in the New England area.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (BCBS) serves nearly three million members, and for more than 80 years it has worked hard to provide access to high-quality, affordable health care for individuals, families, and businesses like yours.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts is rated among the nation’s best health plans for member satisfaction and quality. For the third year in a row, J.D. Power ranked Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts number one in member satisfaction among all commercial health plans in Massachusetts. In 2019, BCBS Massachusetts achieved the highest score for coverage and benefits, provider choice, information and communication, and billing and payment. Other awards include:
- Best insurance provider in Worcester Business Journal’s Best of Business awards voting (2019)
- Brand Innovation Award from the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association for its ongoing work to combat the opioid epidemic (2019)
- Corporate Volunteer of the Year by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston in recognition of its work on Service Day and support of the organization through job skills training and board leadership (2019)
- A perfect score of 100% (for the fifth consecutive year) on the 2019 Corporate Equality Index, a national benchmarking survey and report on corporate policies and practices related to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer workplace equality, administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation (2019)
- Excellent Accredited Status by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for Commercial HMO/POS and Commercial PPO products (2018)
- One of only two health plans in the country to earn top marks for its Medicare Advantage plan and Medicare Part D plan from U.S. News & World Report (2018)
2. It’s high-quality healthcare you—and your employees—can afford.
One of the biggest differentiators between partnering with Genesis and trying to provide health insurance to your employees on your own is the quality and affordability of the insurance product you can offer.
With a PEO like Genesis, you’ll get health care plans that are arguably best-in-class because a PEO has access to more product offerings than a small business. That means you have better (and more!) options—including access to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts health coverage—at a better price point.
When seeking health insurance on your own, you’ll have to purchase health insurance through a broker, a health insurance carrier, or the open market (called different things in different states). Your small business very likely will not have access to, or simply won’t be able to afford, many of the more robust insurance plans offered to larger companies, and small to midsize companies who partner with PEOs.
3. You’ll gain peace of mind that’s difficult to find when it comes to managing health insurance.
Not only will you have the benefit of excellent health care with Blue Cross Blue Shield, New England’s premier PEO—that’s us!—will be right alongside you to help ensure a smooth, productive partnership between your company and BCBS.
We do this by removing several burdens small businesses usually have to handle themselves:
- We manage the entire carrier relationship. While you focus on growing your business, we handle renewals, open enrollment, employee education, onboarding, and even advocate for your employees if there’s a claim issue. Our team at Genesis will take care of all the contact and communication that needs to occur with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (and all your other benefits partners).
- We make it easier to manage health insurance costs and administration. No more getting fed up thinking, “There’s got to be a better way to do this.” With Genesis as your PEO option, you’ll find not only a better product, but an easier way to manage health insurance costs and administration. We also reconcile and pay the monthly invoices.
4. You get help when it’s time for open enrollment and annual changes.
At Genesis, we are well versed at managing Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts large group health insurance plans. Because health insurance management is such a large part of the PEO business, it’s important to minimize surprises and stay on top of how the plan is running. That’s exactly what we do—work with BCBS MA and your company to make sure we’re providing you with the best options.
Health care is just the beginning of what we can do for you.
At Genesis, we have a solid partnership with BCBS of Massachusetts—we’re also the only PEO in Massachusetts to offer this premier coverage to our employers throughout the country.
But our partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts is just one of many HR offerings that allow you to attract and retain the best employees. We also offer the following:
- Group Health, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Options
- Long & Short Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Plans (EAP)
- Health Savings Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Flexible Spending Programs
- Retail & Entertainment Discount Program
- Integrated Employee Onboarding
- Online, Mobile-Friendly Access To Review/Enroll In Benefit Plans & Offerings
- 3 things to consider about small business health insurance in Massachusetts
- Exploring PEO as a way to offer health insurance for your employees
- How does health insurance with a PEO work for small businesses?